The installation kit contains an installation guide (please refer to this online guide as they differ), one Driveri D-210 device, one mounting bracket, one power cable with antenna, one AD-1/2/3, a 6-pin harness, eight butt connectors, one ring terminal, one self-tapping screw, one-star washer, eight 8” cable ties and cleaning wipes.
App installation verification and registration is required so please visit the App store on your smartphone and download the Driveri Installer App.
Additional tools and supplies you will need include dashboard panel removers, a smartphone, a razor blade, a digital multimeter, a cordless drill, 5/16” in. (8 mm) driver bit, a T9 and T20 security Torx bit, an insulated crimper, a side cutter, wire strippers, a heat gun, hand roller, electrical tape, a dry/clean/lint-free cloth, dry erase/wax tip marker and a tamper seal compound.
The following steps provide an overview of the installation process:
- Install Preparation.
- 6-Pin Harness Installation.
- Mounting Preparation.
- Device Installation.
- Verify and Registration.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Install preparation.
If applicable, all water/ice/snow should be completely removed. If the outside temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius) or less, turn on vehicle defrost until the windshield is warm to the touch. Also, place the mounting bracket in defrost airflow to warm VHB tape.
- Record the 8-digit device serial number (S/N) onto your paperwork.
- Remove a-pillar plastic and dashboard panels for harness installation.
- Tape off and cable tie 6-Pin Harness Green and Yellow wires, remove 1 1/2-in (4 cm) of insulation from the end of the Red, White and Black wire, and crimp ring terminal to Black wire.
- Record the 8-digit device serial number (S/N) onto your paperwork.
2. 6-Pin Harness Installation.
The device is not rated for more than 17 VDC (+) and draws ~3Amps when active. Make sure the circuit will support this current draw and does not exceed the max device voltage threshold.
- Keys removed from the ignition, locate a vehicle wire providing 12 to 17 VDC (+). This will be the 6-Pin Harness Red wire power source.
- Complete the following steps to poke and wrap the connection:
- Remove 1 in. (2.5 cm) of insulation from the vehicle wire identified, poke something non-conductive between the wire strands creating a loop and insert the harness Red wire.
- Squeeze the loop shut, tightly wrap the bare wire around the exposed wire at least three times and fold the wire over the connection.
- Generously wrap electrical tape around the connection, crossing over the insulation on both sides.
- Secure the connection with one cable tie directly over the wire-to-wire connection and another creating a stress loop created about 1 in. (2.5 cm) away from the connection.
- Locate a vehicle wire which provides at least 12 VDC (+) and 17 VDC (+) while the vehicle is On and running and 0 VDC (+) when the key is in the Off and Accessory position; this will be the 6-Pin Harness White wire power source.
- Repeat Step 2.2: A-D to make the same type of wire-to-wire connection for the Switch/White wire.
- Locate a suitable location on the chassis to attach the device Black/Ground wire. Confirm there is nothing behind the mounting location and screw the ring terminal to the chassis.
3. Mounting Preparation.
Mounting location is dependent on windshield type. For other windshield types, please see FAQ section at the end of this guide.
- Type 1: Rear View Mirror (Standard)
- Clean bracket mounting area with Alcohol wipe.
- Wipe clean with clean dry cloth.
- From the bottom of the mirror anchor go ~1”in. down and place mark.
- Apply heat to burn off any leftover residue
- Near the A-pillar, scrub the dashboard with alcohol wipes and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Excessive heat may cause delamination of the windshield or cracking. Continuously move heat gun to not apply heat in one area for too long.
4. Device Installation.
- Bracket Mounting
- Remove the plastic exposing the VHB adhesive.
- Apply heat to the tape. If using butane, lightly heat the bracket instead vs. the tape.
- Ensuring bracket is level, and left bracket arm is inline with windshield mark, press firmly to the windshield.
- Using a hand roller, roll the entire bracket applying firm pressure removing all air bubbles.
- From outside the vehicle, visually inspect tape adhesion. There should be no air bubbles in the tape. If necessary, repeat the rolling process until required results are achieved.
- Device Mounting
- Remove device cover.
- Plug in harness.
- Screw cover back into place making sure grommet is seated properly.
- Mount device in bracket and tighten screws finger tight.
- Cable Routing
- Route cable along mirror wires and secure with cable ties.
- Stuff cabling between vehicle roof and headliner.
- Secure cable along A-Pillar wires; behind airbag if applicable.
- Remove plastic exposing antenna VHB adhesive and press antenna firmly to dashboard.
- Device Connections
- Connect device cable to AD-1/2/3 and then connect AD-1/2/3 to 6-Pin Harness.
The internal-facing camera has a lens cover and an LED on both sides of the camera lens.
5. Verification and Registration.
- Confirm LED lights are facing inwards, put both visors down, in the vertical position, and if applicable pull-out visor extensions.
- With the vehicle Off, open the ‘Driveri Installer’ app and follow the prompts to connect the Driveri to your smartphone.
- Once paired, verify both the Road and Driver facing cameras are angled properly.
- Standard vehicle hood has a small amount of hood in image.
- Internal facing camera: Driver viewable from the waist up and visors do not impede image.
- Tighten down the two mounting bracket screws and proceed to ‘Pair Driveri with this Vehicle’ and ‘Upload Report.’
- Press the Driver Alert button and wait 30 seconds before turning the vehicle off.
- Cable tie any loose cables to existing wires, cable tie fuse holders and if available apply tamper seal to all connections.
Unless instructed to leave lens cover on the device, please remove and place it in the vehicle glove box.
6. Frequently Asked Questions.
|LED1 is flashing RED and LED2 is off.||Device is booting up.|
|LED1 is GREEN and LED2 is off.||There is an error. Please contact your GPS Administrator.|
|LED1 is GREEN and LED2 is GREEN.||Privacy mode is off. The driver-facing camera is on and recording.|
|LED1 is GREEN and LED2 is RED.||Privacy mode is on. The driver-facing camera is off and not recording.|
|LED1 is off, solid RED, or flashing RED for more than 30 seconds and LED2 is also off for more than 30 seconds.||There is an error. Please contact your manager.|
Other Windshield Types
As you proceed, please be aware: both visors should be down and if the mounting location is obstructed by visor or visor extension, the camera mounting location should be adjusted as shown below.
- Type 2: Rear View Mirror (Sensor Housing/Large Trim); Right side of housing/trim with bracket bottom the same level as housing.
- Type 3: Without Rear View Mirror; Top center, ~4-6”in. down and 6″in. right of center windshield.
- Type 4: Angled/Split Windshield; Right windshield, down ~4-6” down from roof and ~1”in right of the center divider.